Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Such a BIG girl

On Thursday night I told Maddie that she is done wearing diapers and needs to be a big girl and wear underwear. I told her when she woke up on Friday we were going to put them on. We have tried to potty train or at least get her to sit on the potty and she would scream and cry when we wanted her to sit down so I was nervous about how this would work. I printed off a Dora potty calendar and set a timer for 30 minutes. Every time she sat on the potty, she could put a sticker on her calendar. If she went potty she got a tattoo, which she loves. Friday and Saturday were spent on the potty and then about 5-10 minutes after getting off, peeing in her underwear. I thought there is no way that she is going to go to daycare on Tuesday in underwear. Well, Sunday was better, about 1/2 of the time she would go in the potty. On Monday, she went every time in the potty and kept her underwear dry the entire day. I was so happy. Today at daycare, it didn't go as well. I am not sure what happened because when I went and picked her up, all of her teachers were gone and she was with another group of kids and teachers. I did call the director of the daycare and am I going to express my concerns.
A few weeks ago I bought a bike for Maddie at a garage sale. She got on it once for about 2 minutes and then I couldn't get her to ride it. Grandma and Grandpa Aldeen were here this weekend and she must have wanted to show off her new bike because she rode it for Grandma and now is riding it around the driveway.

Here are a few pictures of the weekend. I can't believe how big Maddie is getting, before I know it, she will be heading off to Kindergarten!!

Maddie and Emma watching TV together on the Dora couch.

Maddie riding her new bike

Emma and Maddie in the tub

Maddie showing off all of her tattoos

1 comment:

The Grenier Family said...

Great Job Maddie!!! Carson's been going on and off in the potty too. I just wish it was more. Sometimes he just doesn't want to try it and other times that's all he wants to do. It's weird. We'll be seeing you in a few weeks. Take care, Greniers